These free TFT tournaments do not have rank restrictions or entry-requirements and are 100% free to join. I’ve also included a general overview of the tournament experience at the bottom of this page.
Free Teamfight Tactics Tournaments
- Prize pool: 30 USD (per region)
- Format: 3 preliminary games. Top 8 advance to the 3-game finals. 1st place: $20, 2nd place: $10.
- When: Every Friday at 6:30 PM GMT (EUW) and 0:30 AM GMT (NA)
- Server: NA and EUW
- Discord: https://discord.gg/rQezq4U
- Prize Pool: 2380 RP
- Format: 2 provisional games. The top % of players, move on to the finals for 2 more games. 1st place: 1000 RP, 2nd to 4th place: 460 RP.
- When: Every Friday at 7:00 PM AEDT. Note: Tycoon will be the Head of Admin for the upcoming OCE Fates Qualifiers, for the next three months (January – March 2021) expect fewer than normal Friday Fiestas.
- Server: OCE
- Discord: https://discord.gg/ty2Ku7d
- Prize Pool: 1st place: $10, 2nd place: $5.
- Format: Varies. Typically 4 Games in total. Top 4 advance in the first 2 games. 2-game finals. playLEGENDS recently introduced a season format as well. Check the Discord for the latest info on that.
- When: Every Wednesday at 6:00 PM PST
- Server: NA
- Discord: https://discord.gg/jyH4Y57
- Prize Pool: 1st: 3 eggs, 1 emote. 2nd: 2 eggs, 1 emote. 3rd: 1 egg, 1 emotes. 4th: 1 emote.
- Format: 5 games in total. Lower-scoring players will be eliminated after 2 games. Points from all games matter!
- When: Every Friday 7:00 PM EST
- Server: NA
- Discord: https://discord.com/invite/teamfighttactics
- Prize Pool: 20 – 50 €.
- Format: 64 players maximum. Top 4 advance each game, until there are only 8 players remaining. These 8 players compete in a 3-game final.
- When: Multiple times per week. Usually 7 or 8 PM CET
- Server: EUW
- Discord: N/A – Tournaments are run through the Nicecactus platform. You are required to register a free account in order to participate.
- Prize Pool: 1st: 1 qualifying place for the seasonal final + AORUS gear. 2nd – 10th: points for seasonal final. (Special events can have larger prizes). There is a seasonal final every 6-8 weeks with a prize pool of 500 – 800 €.
- Format: Swiss round system in 5 rounds. Everyone plays the first 3 rounds. Then the top 128 advance in the 4th round, and the top 64 advance to the 5th (final) round. Points from all games count towards your total.
- When: Every Thursday 7:10 PM CEST or CET (check Discord to confirm)
- Server: EUW
- Discord: https://discord.com/invite/RZSNaRW (French language)
- Website: https://www.armateam.org/category/teamfight-tactics/armatft/
- Prize Pool: There are multiple tournaments available for the Brasil region. Visit the website for more details.
- Format: On this website, you can find free TFT tournaments for Brasil.
- When: N/A
- Server: BR
- Discord: N/A
Summoners’ Society’s Weekly TFT Tournament (Currently Inactive)
- Prize Pool: 1st – 3rd place: TFT egg. The winner gets an awesome picture in the Hall of Fame.
- Format: Top 4 advance each game, until there are only 8 players remaining. The final lobby determines the Top 4 and Bottom 4. The winner gets an awesome picture in the Hall of Fame.
- When: Every Tuesday at 7:00 PM AEDT
- Server: OCE
- Discord: https://discord.gg/2ChwvUr
How Does a Free TFT Tournament Work?
After you’ve joined the tournament’s Discord server, you can check out some of their channels to learn about the specific rules and tournament format.
Tournaments generally follow this format:
- The Check-in
- Write your in-game name in the #check-in channel (usually an hour before the tournament starting time).
- The Check-in closes and lobbies are generated
- Open your game client now! If there is a lobby leader, wait for them to invite you. If there is no lobby leader, wait for someone to invite you or create the lobby yourself.
- Once everyone is ready, the games begin!
- After the first game
- If you’ve won your lobby, you should post a screenshot of the result in the #match-report channel.
- Wait for the next game (if there is one).
General tips and info:
- You will need to create an account on the server where the tournament is being played.
- Leaving a tournament mid-way through could result in a ban from future tournaments. Be sure to PM the tournament moderator with your reasoning if you really must exit early.
- Tournaments are often frequented by Challenger and Grandmaster players. This is a great chance to try to defeat them! Spoiler alert, you probably won’t, but it will be a good learning experience.
- Lobbies are randomly generated.
- Some tournaments may require you to fill out an additional form.
I’ve really enjoying playing in these community-run tournaments over the past few months, and I hope you will too.
If you run any free tournament and would like to see it added here, please let me know in the comments section.